With her company Speel je wijs Irma is cooperating in two Erasmus+ Projects: SPACE (2016-2019) and CASE (2017-2020)
SPACE aims to establish an international student-run entrepreneurial organization: a network of in-training teachers trained in the delivery of innovative & interdisciplinary education models in which bridges are built between the worlds of Arts education and STEM education.
→ The widening from STEM tot STEAM emphasises the role of creativity and innovation in teaching and learning. STEAM also underlines the need to explore methods for making classrooms more energetic and engaging places of learning and experiencing.
- Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen, Belgium
- Hogskolen Stord Haugesund, Norway
- Curso de Música Silva Monteiro, Portugal
- Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland
- RESEO – European Network for Opera and Dance Education, Belgium
- Speel je wijs, the Netherlands
CASE is an EU Erasmus+ project in the focus area of school, creativity and innovation. The project name is ‘Creativity, Art and Science in Primary Education (CASE)’. This project will be realized within the European Commission’s ‘Strategic Partnership’ program, and will implement trainings, conferences and school-based activities in the field of art & science.
- Western Norway University of Applied Science, Norway
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Dublin City University, Ireland
- Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
- Science View, Greece
- Klaipeda University, Lithuania
- Speel je Wijs, The Netherlands
Toolkit puppetry and STEAM
For CASE one of my jobs is designing a toolkit for puppetry and STEAM education. In this toolkit, inquiry based science education will be combined with puppetry. In every activity, a puppetry story will be played by the teacher. In this story the puppets have a problem or a question. This will arouse children’s curiosity, which instantly will stimulate them to discover. Children will help the puppets to find a solution or answer. All activities will be challenging tasks in the field of STEAM education and every process can have many different results. Children will research like scientists and design like artists. You can find the free download here.